Right before the evolution of Mama Pyjama, I had started creating a journal of all the things that inspired me, and all the things that helped me remember who 'me' was. Song lyrics, photographs, sayings, places I wanted to go, things I wanted to see, stuff I’d done that made me feel alive.
Looking back, I realise this was one of the most transitional things I did in those early months as I began to pull myself out of my Mama Pyjama Syndrome. I attribute a lot of my emotional awakening to this particular activity, and so it is something that I would recommend as a first step to anyone who feels like they have lost their way or their sense of 'self'.
how to get started
Collate anything and everything that inspires you:
- Song lyrics
- Pictures or photos of beautiful places, things, moments etc
- Bucket list ideas
- Photos of people/things/places you love
- Selfies! Yep, I said selfies. Capture yourself in a light that makes you feel beautiful, alive, and/or fulfilled. Self-love is super duper important in this process. As is reminding yourself that you are a whole, wonderful, worthy individual in and of yourself.
- Take note of anything that made you feel alive, free, or valued.
- Capture anything that reminds you of who “you” are, or that represents the passions you have buried since you shifted into survival mode.
Here are some excerpts from my pre-Mama Pyjama journal.
Much love and many blessings as you embark on the next stage of your journey back to self xo